Sunday, January 29, 2012

More paint...

Week 2 of the Traci Bautista workshop was about being free and easy with watercolours. I used watered down acrylics, because I don't have watercolours. At least that's what I thought! Today when looking through a drawer to find something else, I found a set of cheap tubes of water colour paint, so tonight I did some free and loose water colour painting. But this one I'm going to show is the acrylic paint one. It's done on large paper- A2 size maybe?


 And then, because it was so much fun, I did another, trying a different colour palette. These are not meant to be anything, other than experiments and fun. So there is no right way up, but I reckon you can work out where I was standing when I painted these.

You can also see in both that I couldn't help but add some stencils and sprays as well-really to cover up some not so pretty bits!!
I printed both of these out onto glossy A4 photo paper-and actually I think they look rather good-better than the actual painting if I'm being honest!!

I really do recommend Traci's workshop if you enjoy playing with paint and pencils and inks and crayons- or if you tend to be a perfectionist who likes everything neat and orderly. This approach will help you to loosen up and let go!!


6 comments:

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

These experiments look lots of fun

fatmonica said...

You've had some great results!I need to try this myself!

sixofone aka Leah said...

Wow, I love these. I'm going to check out that workshop

sixofone aka Leah said...

Hey Pam, I have nominated you for an award on my blog. You can check it out at www.leahslittleramblings.blogspot.com

Claireliz said...

Love this Pam, I've got to check out this workshop.
C
xx

adrienne trafford said...

these are wonderful - love them!