Sunday, November 03, 2013

Mixed Media Layout

This is a layout that I did some time ago.
I loved making this layout-lots of messy stuff!
I also love the subtle colour palette of the page.

So here's a few photos to show the stages of making the layout. One thing I love about this style of layout is that I can use up old papers. This is an old paper from Dream Street, but once I covered it in gesso it's virtually unrecognisable. So I swiped gesso all over the paper and use a foam stamp to stamp into the wet gesso.
 
Then I misted through a grid pattern and added some strips of book page:

 
 Next came torn tissue paper and stamping:
 
Finally some burlap, photos, title, journaling and paint splats:
And that's how this layout was made!

1 comment:

Karen leonard said...

Great step by step photos there....I wouldn't have a clue where to start! Super photos too, I love how they are so small and clustered together, at the top. x